Monday, June 17, 2013

Skinny Cheeseburger Casserole

It’s been decided that on Mondays, we post new recipes.

I don’t think I’m allowed near a grill for everyone else’s safety (I’m sure I just set myself up for some women belong in the kitchen joke), so this works well in place of grilled burgers. I found this recipe on skinnytaste.com and adapted it for what I like. It’s fairly simple and is just 261 calories per serving (serves 9).



2 cups uncooked rotini
2 tsp oil
1 1/2 cups onions, finely chopped
1 garlic clove
1 lb ground beef (96% lean)
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp tomato paste
28oz diced tomatos
2 cups reduced fat grated cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.

In large pot, boil salted water and cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Drain.

Heat oil in large skillet over medium-low heat.

Add onions and cook for five minutes or until soft. Stir in garlic, cooking for 30 seconds. Stir in beef and cook until browned. Season with salt and pepper.

Stir in tomato paste and tomatoes. Let mixture bubble gently for 2 minutes until slightly thickened.

Toss meat mixture with pasta and spread into prepared dish. Top with cheese and bake until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment